In British Columbia with Errington's 'Twisted Lane Decor'


Howdy Friends.
It's time to resurrect "Blogging the Countryside".

When I was working on "AyrSpace Gallery" my artist mentors Brian Musson and Rob Creighton told me to "find those who are working away quietly and bring them to the fore".  Now the curatorial side never of me rarely takes a rest.

Now that Haida and I am somewhat settled on Vancouver Island we commence our explorations! Another wonderful craftsperson found... this time mid-island.

Twisted Lane Decor is the brainchild of Christine Bryant who works out of Errington, B.C., building and re-purposing furniture with skill and design instinct.

It is folks like Christine, similar the visual artists I represented, who help us make a creative and beautiful living space. Have a look at the detailed treatment of the work on her Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/twistedlanehomedecor

Christine's brilliant skills certainly stood out after I visited an inventory of overpriced Asian 'distressed look' imports. I didn't like the stuff at a retailer back in Ontario and I didn't like the production line look of it when I saw it in a warehouse today in B.C.


If you are on Vancouver Island and need a custom accent piece of furniture or perhaps have a favourite piece you want reworked hand it over to someone with the right "shop" set-up and experience. Christine works out of a 2,000 s.f. shop with all the tools of the trade.
Kudos to Christine Bryant of 'Twisted Lane Decor' for setting the bar very high.

She will be at the upcoming, "Art in the Garden" in Nanoose Bay on June 22/23, 2019.
http://www.nanoosebayartinthegarden.com/





Comments

  1. Hey Jeff:

    Fantastic to hear from you.

    Miss hearing you play at the gallery...

    I will indeed add this new email address.

    Best, Jill and Haida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill - great to hear that you are settled in the “west”. The west coast has such a huge art community -I’m sure you will have fun discovering new talent for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you Donna MacDonald. If all painters are a diligent in their process as you the world of collectors in Calgary and beyond better be ready! Great to hear from you! http://donnamacdonald.ca/

      Delete

Post a Comment